Whether you are self-isolating, working from home, or both, staying stuck in the house for days on end may erode away at your motivation!
Follow these simple tips to keep your creativity flowing and your mind focused.
- Write a to-do list for the day – setting goals and actions to complete for the day can keep you on track and focused.
- Keep active with home workouts – keeping yourself moving and active may help you to feel energised.
- Why not take up yoga or stretching – start or finish your day with a quick 5-10 minute stretch.
- Start your day with a routine – simply getting showered and dressed for the day this can keep your mindset on point and give you a boost to the morning. If you stay in your pjs and get into bad habits from the start, it can be tempting to maintain lazier habits throughout the period of working from home.
- Stick to your typical eating habits – whether that is 2 or 3 meals a day, try not to deviate from your typical eating patterns.
- Take time away from your screen – get up to make a drink to help keep yourself focused and give your eyes a rest. Look around the room at objects at different distances to give your eyes a break.
- Prepare your lunch in the morning or the night before like you would normally to avoid being tempted by snacking or going off track.
- Stay hydrated – drinking water or fluids throughout the day is important to help with concentration.
- Set up an allocated area to work – whether you already have a room dedicated to work, or whether your kitchen is now your office, setting up an allocated area to work can help to keep you focused.