Grilling season is here and you can’t beat this easy Carne Asada recipe! Naturally low in carbs, this Mexican dish appeals to just about everyone. It’s simple to whip up the marinade, and the meat takes less than 10 minutes to cook. A thin, tender cut of steak, such as flank steak or skirt steak, is best for this recipe.
A perfect keto recipe for Cinco de Mayo!
Carne Asada, A perfect keto recipe for Cinco de Mayo!
- Juice from 1/2 orange
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 1/2 lb flank steak
- Combine the juices, oil, jalapeño, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, and chipotle powder in a large ziplock bag. Add the steak, seal the bag, and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate and let marinate for 3 hours, and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry. Grill 3 to 4 minutes per side, until the internal temperature reaches at least 135F.
- Remove and let rest 10 minutes, then slice thinly.
- Serve with fresh lime, cilantro, and cauliflower rice.
**This nutritional info assumes that about half of the marinade stays with the meat during the cooking process.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.