The quiche made famous by Julia Child now comes in a portable keto form! These easy egg muffins have all the classic flavor, and a great for on-the-go breakfasts. Make them ahead and have them ready to heat up easily in the morning. And at only 1.5g of carbs per muffin, you can have two!
Low Carb Quiche Lorraine Muffins
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup shredded gruyere cheese
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line 6 muffin cups with silicone liners (or grease the muffin pan very well).
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the chopped bacon until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the onion to the bacon grease and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and thyme. Lower the temperature and cook until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Transfer to the bowl.
- Add the eggs and heavy cream, and whisk until well combined, then stir in the cheese and nutmeg.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the prepared muffin cups and bake 15 to 20 minutes, until completely set. Remove and let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
Copyright © 2009-2016 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.