This content originally appeared here. Republished with permission.
By Suzanne Ryan
This recipe includes two things that I’m a big fan of, easy crock-pot (and Instant Pot) meals and chili! I love being able to quickly toss some fresh ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning, and have a nice and easy dinner in the evening. This keto chili recipe is on a weekly rotation in our house, and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
It’s simple to make this chili and will only take 15 minutes to prep. Start by browning the ground beef and sausage in large pan. Use a wooden spoon to break up the clumps. Drain the meat, and reserve half of the drippings.
Transfer the drained meat into the slow cooker and add the other ingredients. Stir to combine. Cook 6-8 hours on low – you’ll know it’s ready when the veggies are soft.
Top with your favorite chili toppings like shredded cheese, green onions, sour cream, and/or sliced jalapenos. Yum!
Also, if you have an instant pot, you can make this chili in as little as 40 minutes – instructions are listed below!
Each cup of tasty chili contains a whopping 33.5g of protein and just 7.9g of carbs.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground sausage regular or hot depending on preference
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes in tomato juice 14.5 oz
- 1 can tomato paste 6oz
- 1 tbsp. chili powder may need to use more if you choose a mild sausage
- 1/2 tbsp. ground cumin
- 3-4 pcs garlic gloves minced, or 1 tbsp garlic powder, which is .8 net carb additional per serving
- 1/3 cup water
In a large pot, brown the ground beef and sausage using a wooden spoon to break up the clumps. Drain the meat, reserving half of the drippings.
Transfer the drained meat into a slow cooker. Add the reserved drippings, bell pepper, onion, garlic, tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin and water and mix well.
Place the lid on the crockpot, set on low, and cook for 6-8 hours, or high for 5 hours, until veggies are soft.
Serve topped with shredded cheese, green onions, sour cream, and/or sliced jalapenos.
- Macros will vary depending on the brands that you purchase, so be sure to look for the lowest carb options with the tomato paste, diced tomatoes in tomato sauce, and sausage.
- Net carbs: 7.9g
Amount Per Serving (1 cup)
Calories 387 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Please note that the nutritional information may vary depending on the specific brands of products used. We encourage everyone to check specific product labels in calculating the exact nutritional information.
Keto Chili Instant Pot Cooking Instructions: Ready in 40 Mins!
Prep time: 5 mins / Cook Time: 35 Mins / Total: 40 Mins
- Press the “Sauté” button on the Instant Pot, and add the ground beef and sausage to the pot and cook until brown.
- Once meat is browned set Instant Pot to “keep warm/cancel”.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the Instant Pot and mix well. (No need to remove liquids as instructed in crock pot cooking method), then cover and lock the lid. Make sure the steam valve is closed.
- Select Bean/Chili setting (30 mins).
- Once the chili is done, the Instant Pot will automatically switch to the “Keep Warm” mode. Allow the pressure to release naturally or use the quick release.
- Stir chili before serving!
About the Author
Suzanne Ryan (@ketokarma) discovered the ketogenic diet in January 2015, and it completely changed her life. When she started keto, Suzanne weighed 289 pounds, and her energy level and self-esteem were at an all-time low. She felt tired, sick, and frustrated by her inability to stick to a healthy diet. After just one year, she had lost 100 pounds and developed a new mind-set surrounding food. Suzanne is currently down 120 pounds, and she’s passionate about helping others find the same success. Check out her other recipes at Keto Karma.
Post Views: 17
Read more about chili.